02-13-2020 06:16 PM
I keep getting the subject message even though the ADF seems to be working fine. If I load more than one page to either copy or scan, it processes the first page without a problem, but after the second page feeds all the way through, I get the message "Reload original in the automatic document feeder (ADF) and try again".
02-17-2020 05:15 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Let's try to reset the Printer here:
Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Also, try connecting the Printer to a different wall outlet directly.
Clean the rollers:
Turn the printer off, disconnect the power cord, and then open the ADF cover.
Find any paper pick rollers and the separator pad inside the ADF. These parts have a rubber coating.
Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with distilled or filtered water, squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth, and then wipe any residue off the rollers and separator pad.
Leave the ADF cover open for two minutes to allow the parts to dry, and then close the cover.
Reconnect the power cord to the printer, and then try making a copy.
Also, you may try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168
Let me know if this helps.
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee