Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Other

HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 can't scan tabloid 11x17 to email or google drive.

I just set up this printer in an area with no access to a computer.  I was expecting the ability to scan a tabloid 11x17 sheet and have it sent over the network.  I have tried the Scan to Email feature and I have tried the Google Drive app to scan to my drive account.  Both do not seem to have the ability to scan a full 11x17 image and only scan a regular 8.5x11 area.

Scan to computer and scan to USB aren't a great option for me.  If this ability isn't supported, please enable this ability.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Tarv

Welcome to HP support community.

Which operating system is installed on the computer to which this printer is connected?

Meanwhile:

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

Let me know it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My question does not involve a computer.  There is no computer connected.  Please refer to my first post.

The firmware is and was up to date.

HP Recommended

@Tarv

Are you trying to scan from printer flatbed or the ADF?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Scanning A3 is not supported on any cloud-based scan solutions or apps.

To scan A3 size, either a computer is required, with no access to any such scanning to a USB stick would be the best option to consider.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.