Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8035
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sir/Madam,

There are times when I am in a hurry to scan something, so I use the printer panel's SCAN to quickly scan directly to the computer. On the OfficeJet Pro 8035 Panel, When I touch SCAN then touch computer, I am presented with three options:-

1. DESKTOP-X                     , which scans using the printer's software

2. scan to DESKTOP-X       , which gives options on the computer screen to use other software such as Windows Fax and Scan

3. Computer Not Listed.

The problem is with the first option--When I use the flat sheet glass to scan, it works perfectly and it saves the scanned file to Windows Document directory.  However, when I use the Automatic Sheet Feeder, the printer goes fine through the scanning process, but when sending the document over to the computer, the scanned file does NOT get saved, and the printer panel displays the message "The document has been sent to DESKTOP-X, check the computer for more information."

I tried a hard reset, and also uninstalled/reinstalled the latest printer drivers, to no avail.

I am using the latest printer firmware and drivers. I am not sure whether it's a firmware or driver issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Finally, the printer automatically downloaded from the net the new October 2020 Firmware, Ver. 001.2042B, which solved the problem.

However, If a user uses Window own Fax and Scan, their Windows 10 may lose/forget the Printer's Scan profiles. To solve this problem, I strongly recommend restarting the printer after the firmware update, uninstalling the printer and its drivers from Windows, restart your PC/laptop. Reinstall the printer drivers, and finally restart your PC/laptop and printer once again.

If your printer is not connected to the net, and you need the new latest firmware, you can downloaded at: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-8030-all-in-one-printer-series/242... and install it from your PC/Laptop. To install it, make sure your printer is ON and is properly connected to your PC/laptop.

Thanks to all who escalated this issue to HP technicians/programmers to be solved.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@ModUser

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03466081

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Betty, for your prompt reply.

Using the ADF, scanning works fine from HP Scan  and HP SMART--It scans the documents to the PC and the software saves the file. Like I said, the problem occurs from using the printer's software--from the printer control panel. If I use the scanner flatbed glass, the printer scans the document, sends the file over to the PC, and the file is saved in the default directory. However, when using the very same function from the printer control panel, only the document is loaded to the ADF instead of the flatbed scanner, the document gets pulled in and scanned, and the printer notifies that the file is sent over to the PC, but the file is not saved. In other words, using the same function, 1st Option on the control panel, Flatbed scanner = document scanned and saved, ADF = document scanned and NOT saved, perhaps not even sent to the PC or not accepted by the PC.

HP Recommended

You  may try a firmware update: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Betty. Like I said, I already have the latest firmware and drivers installed. As a matter of fact, before I first initiated this post, I double checked my printer software and drivers on the HP device support site to make sure I had the latest.

I know it is strange--using the same function from the printer control panel but only the input method [ADF] is changed, the document should be saved as it is when using the flatbed scanner.

Thank you for your time and keeping track of my posts.

HP Recommended

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried the root uninstall again. After uninstalling, I even went to the printer's control panel, setup>printer maintenance>restore>restore settings, and checked all the boxes for Copy, Scan, and Fax to reset the printer's own settings.

The problem still exists...

Pressing the 1st option, using the flatbed scanner, the printer asks if there is another item to add, I press Finish, and the document gets sent and saved on the PC.

Pressing the 1st option, using the ADF, after scanning, the printer, of course, doesn't ask if there is another item as it automatically would detect it, informs me that the document is sent to the PC; However, the document is not saved  and perhaps not even sent to the PC.

HP Recommended

@ModUser

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think HP should check and update both the firmware and the drivers for my printer model.

HP Recommended

@ModUser

I see that you have already installed the latest firmware according to one of your posts.

If now, click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.