Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I'am not getting an error it just won't copy. It prints fine but it just beeps when the copy button is pressed twice. I really don't see any good suggestions on this forum. HP said to replace the printer....right its only a year old ....easy for them to talk. They didn't offer to send a replacement to me. If others are having the same proublem wouldn't you thing they know there's a problem with this printer.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You have described my problem and summed up HP's response accurately .  There's a fault in their product, and they are shovelling off the responsibility, and the liability to their customers. It's shameful behaviour.

HP Recommended

Yes I agree . I repaired this kind of equipment for 20 years , when a repetitive problem like this came up it was hell to get the manufacture  to admit that there was a problem even though there was over whelming evidence that there was a real problem with a machine. We would come up with our own solutions for the problem but could rarely get the manufacture to acknowledge that there was any problem at all. 

The woman that I am trying to help is close to 80 years old, she needs this like she needs another hole in her head.

I just don't get it.

HP Recommended

Well, I figured out a solution for this problem.  I found it out almost by accident. I tried to do a factory system reset but I could only find reset instructions for the 4620, so I tried it on the 4630 but it didn't work. I guess the models are different enough that the reset for the 4620 did not work for the 4630. So I tried a method I have used in the past on other machines.

Turn on the printer and allow it to complete it's startup sequence.  After the printer has symbolized, leaving the printer on reach around the back and unplug the power cord from the rear of the machine. Leave it unplugged for at least 60 seconds. Then reconnect the power cord back into the machine. The printer should power back up without pressing the power button. The printer will go thru the startup sequence like before. After it stabilizes try to make a copy , it should work now, it did for me. If it still won't copy  I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.

HP Recommended

I scanned, I copied, I printed a 27 page document and then it would not scan or copy. Very disappointed. Tried this reset, uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing.

HP Recommended

I tried to restart and then unplug and restart just like the other user said to do, but still just get the nice little beep and nothing happens 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.