Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4632 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I scan a 50 page document, it usually results in a PDF file around 7000K. I need to send this file thru my employers Portal and it never sends because the file size is too large. If I take the same 50 page documents  to my local copy center, they scan and save it and it results in a 2000K file size which can be sent with no problem. When i scan it on my HP printer, I set the lowest DPI of 75 and it still results in a 7000K file. Why is there a large difference between my scan and the local Office Max scan. I want to scan on my printer and get a smaller file size .... id 2000K  How can I do that ?

Hepj

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Hepj 

Some ideas...

Option - Ask Office Max

We cannot tell you what Office Max is doing.

You can certainly ask them.

In general, without any way to know, the Office Max equipment is likely different, they might be using a reduced color set, and they might be using a compression algorithm.

Option - Compress the scanned document into a Zip file

From an article on the 'net:

How to Compress PDF Files for Email
  1. Put all the files into a new folder.
  2. Right-click on the folder to be sent.
  3. Select "Send To" and then click "Compressed (Zipped) folder"
  4. The files will start compressing.
  5. After the compression process is complete, attach the compressed file with the extension . zip to your email.

Open - Scan without color option

You can try scanning the document in black/white or Gray as opposed to color.

Option - Obtain a Word document format copy of the data / document - Save as "minimum" size

If you have access to the Office Word format of the the PDF file,

Open the document in Word

Click File > Save As >

Select a location (folder) in which to save your file

Select to save the file as a PDF file

Select to save the file as Minimum size (publishing online)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 4632 e-All-in-One Printer

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.