Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 all in one
Other

I just upgraded to the new Mac OS Catalina version 10.15 and I have the HP Officejet Pro 8600 all in one printer. It will not scan from the flatbed part of the scanner. The feed scanner works fine. When I try the flatbed scanner it gives the error "Automatic Document Feeder is Empty. Place your originals in the automatic document feeder and start the scan again."  I have the latest driver for my printer and it still won't work from the flatbed scanner which is what I use the most. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am now using Apple image scan and it is working perfectly. Hopefully HP will fix this issue in their software.

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
HP Recommended

Having the same issue with an HP Officejet 7612... hooked up another MacBook Pro still running OSX 10.14 and the flatbed scanner working fine so clearly an issue with 10.15.

HP Recommended

I am now using Apple image scan and it is working perfectly. Hopefully HP will fix this issue in their software.

HP Recommended

What is in it for them?

I think they would rather we purchase a new printer.

HP Recommended

There is an article from HP stating that HP Easy Scan is currently not supported on Mac OS Catalina.

I should not have updated my Mac OS so soon. Sigh.

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/document/c06455960

HP Recommended

Hey HP,

with this issue affecting many people, why not come forth with an EasyScan upgrade for Catalina OS?

HP Recommended

@Marina7, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP is already working with Apple to release a new version of HP Easy Scan. You may refer to this document for more info.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is now Nov 10th What is up??""??"???

HP Recommended

@FrustratedNow2

HP is working with Apple to get HP Easy Scan and Scan to computer back to full functionality as quickly as possible.

Thank you for understanding 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Still waiting to get a fix for this. I use HP Easy Scan every day. The built-in Apple scanner is not a workaround when you have many pages of documents to scan into PDF. Please resolve this promptly.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.