Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@rmfoc, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. HP is working with Apple to find a fix/updated version of HP Easy Scan. You may refer to this document for more info.

You may scan multiple documents using Apple Image Capture.

To save multiple page documents or multiple images into a single file, select the PDF or TIFF format, and then select the box next to Combine into a single document. This feature is only available with these formats.

Refer to this document to know how to scan using Apple Image Capture.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you but this partial workaround is not satisfactory for my work needs. I must be able to scan documents Into text searchable format, as Easy Scan does. There appears no way to scan documents with Image Capture that creates text searchable documents. My documents are almost always legal documents that must be e-filed with the courts. However, the courts will reject any document that is not text searchable. Please expedite this resolution. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@rmfoc

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. I will forward your concern to the respective team at HP and request to find a solution as soon as possible.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for this workaround. Worked like a charm and easy!! I have an even older model 5745 all in one and this solution worked for it too.

Hopefully, HP will notify us when they have the issue corrected.

HP Recommended

@PatGJ

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Your links don't work that you posted on the blog. Just SAD customer service to match sad software! After all these months of Beta, and now regular versions, of MAC Catalina and HP didnt have Easy Scan ready to go??? SAD!

HP Recommended

@semnol78

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. The HP Support site was down for a while but now it is up and running. The links mentioned in my previous posts are working fine.

For more info on HP Easy Scan, refer to this document.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My Easy Scan stopped working, installing the Easy Start Software fails and in Mac Image Capture I have 0 scan devices so that also does not work.

This is totally unacceptable. I use this printer for my business and I have lost so much time trying to get this thing to work. I was very unhappy with the lifespan of HP printers in the past. This was actually the first HP printer that made me feel confident that I bought a decent printer and now this.. I am forced to buy a new printer. I am sorry, but if I have to go out and buy a new one I'll make sure that it won't be an HP printer and that everyone I know that I speak to about printers will do the same. This seems like a bad reputation move to me..

HP Recommended

@V-Nijman

I understand your concern. To assist you better, I need additional information. I have sent you a private message. Kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with my HP Officejet Pro 8610.

Using the proposed workaround

Please let me know when HP issues a fix for this (will that be a new version of HP Easy scan dor macOS)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.