Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@maconceicao

Thank you for your patience. It will be an updated version of HP Easy Scan. HP will have a document released or pass a notification on the HP Support site to keep you updated.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problems with the scanner & the workaround does not work for me.  Is there any idea when a fix can be expected?

HP Recommended

@Baci

There is no update as of now about the updated version of HP Easy Scan. Kindly use Apple Image capture to scan. Refer to this document for more info.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I hope you that your marketing wizards understand that I have purchased non-HP products since I have encountered this trivial technical problem - I mean trivial for a large self-proclaimed tech titan which promises the highest quality and value?

I have purchased a scanning and printing product since I encountered the problems with my HP product and intend to avoid purchasing other products HP including printers and laptops.

Maybe send these wizards to a marketing course? Or do your calculations take into account the savings of neglecting your promises and obligations and against margins lost from sales forfeited in turning your back on non-corporate customers like myself?

HP Recommended

@FrankTUD

To assist you better, I need additional information. I have sent you a private message. Kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have read that & tried the steps detailed as well as some other suggestions others have had & nothing works for me.  Nothing goes to the location in my computer that I've specified in the scan function & then I am unable to locate the document anywhere else.  Since I need to use the scan function for my legal work as well as for personal matters, this is not only most distressing but is causing me to incur unnecessary additional expenses.  Given the number of comments on this board, I should think HP would be more responsive to your customers' needs & problems.  Like the other lawyer who has posted about his /her problems & concerns, perhaps I should replace my printer/scanner with a non-HP product that will actually do what it is supposed to do.

HP Recommended

@Baci

As stated in my previous post, I need additional information. I have sent you a private message. Kindly revert.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just got a new mac with Catalina and found scanning doesnt work on my 8600. Found this board and cant believe this issue has been going on for over 3 months. Given that amount of time I'm assuming this issue will never get fixed. I am a software developer and 'working with apple' on a solution is a joke. It doesnt take this long to update a problem like this which means you guys arent working on the issue at all. I will have to get a new printer/scanner now and it sure wont be an HP!

HP Recommended

@tkirchner, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Like so many, I am in the same position.

Apple Image Capture is just no good whatsoever for capturing multiple pages. 

The most frustrating thing is that there doesn't seem to be a timeline for a fix. 

If I knew it was a month away, I would sit back and wait.

If I knew it was six months away, I would throw the device and never touch another HP product again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.