cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Officejet Pro 9015 and Scan to Email using MacBook Pro (Catalina)

HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I am trying to setup Scan to Email on my Officejet Pro 9015. I have MacBook Pro running Catalina. I have accessed the Printer Settings thru the HP Smart App on my MacBook Pro. I went to Advanced and Scan to Email. I use a Gmail account and I can't figure out how to set this up. I need some help with the steps. Everything I have tried doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,187 1,173
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SullyJen, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I see that you'd want to scan to email from the printer, I'd suggest you create a smart task through your HP Smart App and directly scan to email. Refer to the document HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks for detailed instructions on how to scan to email.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,349 29,071 5,038 11,481
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

For the HP Officejet Pro 9015 printer, I suggest using the HP Digital Filing capabilities.

Following the steps below applies for your printer model too:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03862727

Also, for Gmail, ensure the security settings for the account are properly configured to allow the printer to connect:

First, open the following link and login to the same account as you set for the printer.

Note: if you are connected, sign out from your account, select your account and manually enter the password to ensure you indeed use the correct password, then click on Security from the left pane:
https://myaccount.google.com/security

Within the Signing in to Google section, check the "2-Step Verification" velue.

If it is set as "On", create and use an App-Specific Password with the printer:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

If it is set as "Off", Within the Less secure app access section ensure that the feature is on.

If it is Off, click on Turn on access (not recommended) and toggle on the feature. Otherwise the verification will fail.
Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation