Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I got a brand new HP PageWide Pro mfp 477dw today and the scan to computer is not working.  It worked a few times and now not at all. I tried the HP Print and Scan doctor and not luck.   Please advise.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

What error are you getting?  If network connected could be your firewall blocking.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I don't have a solution, but ran into the same issue recently.  It seems to have occured when the Pagewide Pro 477 firmware was updated to MAVEDNPP1N001.1908C.00 dated 2019-02-18.  You might check to see if that is the version you are currently using.  It is possible that the firmware updated after your first use of scan to network, and now no longer works due to the update.  I have not found any solution to the problem, nor a way to go back to the older firmware to verify if that was the cause. 

There is a note on the Pagewide support page about Scan to Network Folder and Scan to Computer as it relates to Windows disabling SMB version 1.  You might try that fix.  See https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pagewide-pro-477dn-multifunction-printer-series/7439466/mode....   However, this did not work for me.

I suspect this will not help you either.

In my case, the problem initially showed up as the printer could not find the network folder.  Going back to the setup procedure showed that the existing configuration no longer tested positive, giving an error that the network folder could not be accessed.  The network device I was trying to access was part of the router, so to eliminate the router as contributing to the problem, I used a shared folder on a windows computer.  I was able to get the setup procedure to complete and test positively, but when I tried to actually scan to it on the Pagewide, I get the message "Connection Problem" "General Error". So there is clearly something very wrong with the Pagewide solution, since the setup does not predict the failure. 

HP Recommended

Firmware Revision 1818A added full support for SMB V2/3,  it may be turned off on the printer. This screen shot is a M577 but should be similar and give you an idea of where to look.

smb.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm getting "Scan to Computer is currently unavaiable.".   I do the scan doctor and its not fixing it.  It was working for 2 days and not working again.   Any ideas?

HP Recommended

also have this issue with scan to network folder. Im on osx 10.11.6 and ive tried different method of the shared folder in the different locations. I checked if SMB settings are checked under Network > Advanced Settings, all 3 checkboxes are checked.

Im using my computers ip \\192.168.1.132\Scans, this folder is a shared folder with all settings checked in the options. Ive tried this for using the standard Public folder on OSX and none of this works. Some times it goes passed the setup phase, but when i test the scanner i always get "General Error" in return. This error is to no help at all. There is however one thing i noticed. When the test fails, you can edit the settings again. I noticed that a lot of times the password ive entered before now has changed. i have a suprt simpl password of numbers, 5 numbers in total. But i noticed the lenght of this password has suddenly changed. But reentering the correct pw does still does not solve this issue. 

The systems are connect over Wifi, printing works fine, scanning to computer using EWF does work. So scan to computer automatically puts the scan in the photos folder. Weird enough that all works fine. Also scanning from the computer works fine, the one which opens a new browser window and shows the scan.

Ive made sure i got all updates and all versions there the latest available.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.