Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 5510
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Since I have upgraded to OSX 10.10 the scan function of the all-in-one device no longer works. Previously when I went to System Preferences and then Printers & Scanners, the 5510 had a button on top that allowed you to select either Print or Scan. This allowed me to scan a document/pic directly from my iMac rather than from the printer/scanner device. This Print/Scan toggle is no longer there. 

I have reset printing, repaired permissions, and restarted. Have loaded latest drivers and added printer...still no luck

Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @dannyg1.

Turn the printer off, shut down the Mac, power cycle the router. Once the router is back up again, turn the computer on and then the  printer.

Make sure the Mac is connected to the correct network.

Try adding the printer again.

If you are still not able to find the printer and add it through the Printers and Scanners window then the Multicasting might not be turned on from  the router, you won't be able to add the printer as a Bonjour device.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome @dannyg1,

Thanks for participating in the forums! I see you are experiencing issues scanning since updating to 10.10. Thanks for letting me know all the steps that you have tried already. I would be happy to help you. 

I would try and delete the driver from the Devices and Printers window and readd it back in again. You shouldn't have to reinstall the full printer software again.

Source: Can not scan from computer, but can print.

Let me know if the Scan tab is available and the results.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" and the "Thumbs Up" if this helped. Please let me know the results. Best Regards,

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Still no luck. Verified and Repaired permissions. Restarted. Reset printers. Uninstalled print software using HP Uninstaller. Reinstalled software for my device. When trying to add printer in Printers & Scanners, i had to enter printer manually with its IP address...it didn't show up in dropdown. Printing works fine but no scanning. Still no Print/Scan tab.

Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 3.34.04 PM.png

HP Recommended

Thanks for providing that information @dannyg1.

Turn the printer off, shut down the Mac, power cycle the router. Once the router is back up again, turn the computer on and then the  printer.

Make sure the Mac is connected to the correct network.

Try adding the printer again.

If you are still not able to find the printer and add it through the Printers and Scanners window then the Multicasting might not be turned on from  the router, you won't be able to add the printer as a Bonjour device.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.