Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toby119
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C4480 printing well but not scanning/copying (producing a black page)

HP Photosmart C4480
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently aquired a secondhand HP Photosmart C4480 prtinter/scanner. 
It prints well; when it is connected to my laptop it will print any page, and it also prints the Alignment page and Diagnostic Page. No problems there. 

But when I scan the Alignment page, or scan anything for that matter, it comes up with a black page (below) or prints the same thing if I try to copy anything. 

It seems as though the previous owner inserted a new cartridge and the device wants to align it, it says so on the device's screen and also on HP solution centre. But when I try and scan the Alignment page it says: "Alignment page not detected" on the device's screen.

I have run a scan with the scanner lid up, and the little scanner thing lights up and goes along and looks as if it is working properly. 

I have downloaded all of the relevant software for the device; HP Solution Centre etc. 

Please help me, It would be great to get this thing running. 

Thanks,

Image.jpgScan

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
26,401 26,125 4,661 10,262
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C4480 printing well but not scanning/copying (producing a black page)

Hi,

From yoru description it seems as the scanner hardware has failued.

Unplug the power cable from both ends for 60 seconds, plug it back to the printer and then directly to another wall socket on the other end and turn it on.

Try copying and check for any change, if the same results occurs I afraid a such requires servicing or replacing the printer.

As a reference see below document:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00587971

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Heat2
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP c4480 was working fine till I upgraded from Win7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro.

Now the scanner and copier prints out smeared black images.

I believe Hp or windows has failed to upgrade drivers.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation