Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion All in One Desktop (with All In One Printer)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a new HP Pavillion All In One Desktop.  I have an existing fully functional HP All In One Printer (6970).  The new feature provided by HP to manage the device is no longer Printer Assistant or Solution Center; but now called HP Smart App- an application for the printer.

The printer is fully functional.  It can scan, copy, fax and accept printing from the new desktop all in one.   However, the HP Smart app software does not seem to allow me to fax-print directly to my printer for faxing.   This process was easy and simple with my previous HP Desktop (which I reconnected and it worked fine).   The HP Smart App directs me to sign up for a fee based solution called Mobile Fax. 

I am able to use HP Smart App to configure the printer, setup the fax, even run a fax diagnostic on the AllInOne Printer.  But I cannot do a simple Fax Printer Setup either through the Control Panel process (now labeled Printers and Scanners) or through HP Smart App which only has features for Printing, Scanning and a Mobile Fax service that you have to pay for.

My question is simple, why will HP not allow me to set-up a Fax Printer with my All in One?  And why will HP Smart App not allow faxing as a convenience option working directly with the active and fully functional HP printer that it completes printing and scanning with already?

I have read all of the manuals on this topic.  There is no explanation.  All answers and guidance redirect me to work with HP Smart App. for Windows 10.  Which seems designed to drive the user of the computer to use a Fax Service.   

Please advise. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@OldManSea Greetings from the HP Community!

For details on Mobile Fax: Send faxes from your Windows 10 computer to a fax machine or fax-capable printer.

Go to Sending Faxes with the HP Smart app for more information.

Use Mobile Fax to securely send documents from a mobile device or computer.

Step 1: Enable Mobile Fax in the HP Smart app

Install the HP Smart app if you have not already done so, and then enable Mobile Fax.

1. Make sure your mobile device or computer is connected to your wireless network.

2. If you have not yet installed the HP Smart app, download and install it from 123.hp.com.

3. Open the HP Smart app, and then click the Mobile Fax tile.

If you do not see the Mobile Fax tile on your home screen, click Personalize Tiles, click the Mobile Fax toggle to enable the tile, and then go back to the Home screen.

NOTE: 

Mobile Fax is available in specific countries/regions. If you do not see a Mobile Fax option in the Personalize Menu, Mobile Fax might not be available in your country/region.

The Mobile Fax tile in the HP Smart app

4. Follow any on-screen instructions to sign in or create an HP account.

refer to the above link for more details.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Team

Thanks for the update and guidance.   I think there is some miscommunication ongoing across all of HP on the Mobile Fax service.  The service is very easy to set-up.  And it then informs you that you are signing up for a TRIAL PERIOD.  That Trial period then shares with the potential customer that fees will be upcoming.  However, there is no information about future fees.  So I do appreciate that all software and service providers want to establish a service fee for certain activities, but I have rarely been asked to sign up for a service with no knowledge of the fee structure whatsoever.

Regarding my post.  I have an analog line.  So I should still be able to fox using a brand new 2020 HP Desktop All In One device with a full functional fax ready and enable HP All In One Printer.  

Please advise

Thank you 

HP Recommended

@OldManSea HP does not charge for most of its services, perhaps, you could share a snapshot of the screen you are being asked to pay (if any) or that it's a "trial period", so I know exactly what you need help with?

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.