Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET F4580 SERIES
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer suddenly disappeared and was not able to print. When opening HP SOLUTION CENTER, got the message that unable to open solution center as installation is incomplete.

I reinstalled the driver and am now able to print again in wireless, but HP SOLUTION CENTER still is not working and still get the same message.

When reinstalling the driver I have got several error message indicating a file could not be found but it did not give the file name.

Can someone please help me since I use the device quite regularly to scan documents and at the moment it does not work.

Thank you .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @gigi1966

I'd like to take a moment to thank you. Thank you for your patience and perseverance. I imagine you feel like you have been to the moon and back with all this troubleshooting!

moon.JPG  - Let's keep trying to catch a solution 

It is starting to sound like perhaps the issue is related to the registry. I personally don't like to tinker in the registry manually, instead you can use a registry cleaner. My preference is CCleaner.  - How to Use CCleaner.

Installing software on the computer with a registry key out of place would be like trying to paint a wall with a hole in it, you have to patch the hole first. Fix the registry, then install the software again. Registry cleaners can be useful tools to solve certain kinds of problems in the registry, like those created when a program doesn't uninstall correctly, or a malware infection isn't cleaned up properly.

This suggestion does not come from an HP document, it is of my own opinion. My preference is CCleaner, I use it on my computers. If you have a registry cleaner already or one you prefer, you can use that.

Before we go ahead an attempt reinstalling the software, let's perform a clean boot too. Instructions below:

1. Click Start and type msconfig in the search box.
  2. Press Enter.
  3. On the General tab, click Selective startup.
  4. Clear the Load startup items check box.
  5. Click the Services tab.
  6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
  7. Click Disable all.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Click Restart.

After installing the software, restore your system start up with the following steps:

2. Press Enter.
  3. On the General tab, select Normal startup.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.

Please let me know how this works out.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums @gigi1966

I understand your Deskjet F4580 was no longer being seen my your computer and the HP Solution Center indicates the installation is incomplete. 

Running the Print and Scan Doctor might help. The HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free utility (tool) that helps to quickly resolve common printing, scanning, and connectivity issues including but not limited to:

• Connectivity:

USB: Verifies that the USB connection from your computer to the HP product is working correctly.

Network: Verifies that the network connection between your computer and your network is working correctly.

• Device Status Test: Checks for device errors such as out of paper, paper jams, carriage stalls, and paper feed issues, and then provides instructions for fixing the error.
  • Driver Check: Checks for missing or corrupt driver files.
  • Device Manager: Checks for problems in Device Manager that would prevent printing.
  • Device Online: Checks if the product has been paused or set to offline, and then sets the status back to online if necessary.
  • Print Queue: Checks for and clears pending print jobs in the print queue (a log of print jobs waiting to print).
  • Port Match: Checks the port settings for the HP product.
  • Device Conflicts: Checks for conflicts with other drivers, such as other printer brands.
  • Ink Issues: Checks the cartridges and ink levels for issues that affect print quality.
  • Print Settings: Checks and adjusts the print quality settings.
  • Test Print: Prints a test page for print quality evaluation, and provides options for cleaning and aligning the printhead if necessary.
  • Scan Tests: Checks the scan mechanism, drivers, and registry entries.

Source: www.hp.com/go/tools  <Click here to download and run the Print and Scan Doctor.

If that does not resolve the issue, post back and let me know if there are any symbols other than green check marks and what they are next to of course. The wrench is not always easy to spot as the wrench and the check mark are both in a green circle.

• If you see only green check marks, the tool did not find any problems.
  • If you see green wrenches, the utility identified an issue and corrected it automatically.
  • If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.
  • If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing back from you.

If this resolves the issue, please be sure to click the Accept as Solution 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for replying.  I have downloaded the HP Print and Scan Doctor free utility. It detected that the installation was not complete. It downloaded new files and and have run the .exe file.

During the installation I get following message

"C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS5337\Setup\..\Setup\hpzpnp40.exe"-*...

The system cannot find the file specified.

The installation is then interrupted.

When I open Window explorer and go to C:\Users\Casa\AppData\Local\Temp,  there is no folder named 7zs5337 and have configured Explorer to show hidden files.

I have tried to see if on the Temp location, previous versions are available,but unfortunately there are none.

I have searched the computer for a file named "hpzpnp40.exe"  but could'nt find any.

I have also tried to uninstall the printer and install it again. but problem persists.

Thank you very much for your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the details. Based on your description of the install process, I suggest completing the following steps to completely remove the existing software and reinstall. This is a more comprehensive approach.

1. Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box, type %temp%
  2. Delete all files and folders from the temp folder. Choose skip if any pop ups appear saying any of the files could not be deleted
  3. Download the software and choose to save as, save to desktop > DJ_AIO_06_F4500_USW_Full_Win_WW_140_175-4.exe
  4. After the software downloads and extracts, open the temp folder again, use the instructions from step 1.
  5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
  6. Open folder Util
  7. Open folder CCC
  8. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have anon-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe
  9. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
  10. Follow these steps to reset the registry settings and options for Windows Installer.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box

• In the Open box, type msiexec /unregister, and then click OK.

• Hold down the Windows Logo key on the keyboard and the 'R' to open the run box

• In the Open box, type msiexec /regserver, and then click OK

*Note: there is a space between the c and the /

If you have any difficulty with this step, please use this link to perform it another way. Restarting Windows Installer

11. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tool < How to Delete files using Disk Cleanup
  12. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
  13. Restart the computer
  14. Download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows

The HP Printer Install Wizard for Window was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

If you can not complete any of these steps, please stop and post back to let me know where you got stuck. Skipping a step and continuing to the next step will not accomplish what we need to. If you get stuck I will help you through it.

Don't foget to click the Accept as Solution button below if this resolves the issue. If you're still having trouble after completing the suggested step be sure to let me know and I will do all I can to help. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi again.

Sorry but was a bit busy lately. 

I have followed all the steps and did not encounter any problem. Nevertheless the problem is not solved.  The installation is interrupted because the system is unable to find de concernded file.

The problem is that now I cannot use the printer either since it does not show up in my printer list.

I do need an urgent solution now.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Well after doing some additional research, I can say you're not the first to express experiencing this issue. Please take a look at what this community member suggests: Post by @Peterdowl   Re: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete"

Let me know if this does the trick or not and we can continue from there if you still need help. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.  I am not a computer guy and have difficulties understanding what the comunity member did. Could you please help me out step by step what I have to do?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi there, I reviewed the suggested solutions and got thinking that they may not work for the issue you're experiencing. Try this update instead:

This Windows 7 patch fixes some printer functionality after upgrading Vista to Windows 7. For networked printers, please go to www.hp.com for more support information.

File name: dot4patch_reboot.exe

Release details

Released: Dec 6, 2009

Version 1.0

Fix and enhancements

This patch will fix known problems with the following features and functionality:

• HP Print Status
  • Toolbox
  • Ink Levels
  • Solution Center
  • HP Scan (All-in-One)
  • Front panel scan button (All-in-One)

Simply click on the file name above to begin the download process and let me know how it goes. 

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi again,

Thank you for your help.

I have downloaded the patch and run the .exe file.

Unfortunatelly, it did not help.   Problem is still persisting.

I really need the scan working again.  It would be stupid to buy a new printer just because the software is not responding anymore.  If I should come so far, I don't think I will buy a HP anymore.  The printer works fine and I can even make photocopies but only unable to scan and save the scanned document.

Thank you very much in advance for your support.

HP Recommended

Hey @gigi1966

I'd like to take a moment to thank you. Thank you for your patience and perseverance. I imagine you feel like you have been to the moon and back with all this troubleshooting!

moon.JPG  - Let's keep trying to catch a solution 

It is starting to sound like perhaps the issue is related to the registry. I personally don't like to tinker in the registry manually, instead you can use a registry cleaner. My preference is CCleaner.  - How to Use CCleaner.

Installing software on the computer with a registry key out of place would be like trying to paint a wall with a hole in it, you have to patch the hole first. Fix the registry, then install the software again. Registry cleaners can be useful tools to solve certain kinds of problems in the registry, like those created when a program doesn't uninstall correctly, or a malware infection isn't cleaned up properly.

This suggestion does not come from an HP document, it is of my own opinion. My preference is CCleaner, I use it on my computers. If you have a registry cleaner already or one you prefer, you can use that.

Before we go ahead an attempt reinstalling the software, let's perform a clean boot too. Instructions below:

2. Press Enter.
  3. On the General tab, click Selective startup.
  4. Clear the Load startup items check box.
  5. Click the Services tab.
  6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
  7. Click Disable all.
  8. Click OK.
  9. Click Restart.

After installing the software, restore your system start up with the following steps:

2. Press Enter.
  3. On the General tab, select Normal startup.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Click Yes when asked to restart your computer.

Please let me know how this works out.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.