cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Scan 10/2020 update - can't save scanned photo edits

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP required me to update my HP Smart so I did - had been using it significantly over the past year to scan photos from my HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 onto my MIcrosoft Surface, and I used to be able to edit the photos (i.e. crop, color balance, etc) and save the changes easily.  Now, when I crop and hit "done" the changes aren't saved and it reloads to the original photo without any of the changes I made. 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
27,654 27,415 2,423 8,943
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WinstonCT 

HP Smart for Windows 

One thing you can certainly try

Uninstall the HP Smart for Windows application, Restart the computer, and Get a new download of HP Smart from the Microsoft Store.

The newly installed application will want you to log into your HP Smart account (likely the same account you use here, else the account (if it's different) you use to log into your HP Smart / HP Connected account.

You will likely need to add the printer as you did originally to connect it to your HP Smart for Windows app.

What else?

Now, here's the thing - your subject line includes the words "HP Scan" - HP Scan is actually the name of part of the Full Feature Software.  IF that is the software to which you refer, the (above) advice for HP Smart does not apply, at least not in the way intended.

What?

There are two different flavors of printer support.

HP Smart for Windows 

An Application that lives in Settings > Apps > Apps and Features

Full Feature Software 

The "full driver" printer software that includes HP Scan - and lives in Control Panel > icon view > Programs and Features

HP Smart might run better (is more complete) when the Full Feature Software is installed and functional.

In general practice, these are two separate entities.

If you are having trouble with HP Scan - that is, part of the printer full driver software, the instructions to uninstall and reinstall the software are different.

References

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTE:  Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues

HP Smart Tasks for Windows and HP Smart Mobile

Where available, Smart Tasks can be configured for several print tasks.

• Print: Send a print job to your printer.
  • Email: Send an email message or attachments.
  • Save to: Save a file to a cloud storage account, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.

HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks

HP Smart – Mobile Fax – Information, Sign-up, Terms of Service

HP Smart - HP Mobile Fax

Not your home site?  Click the Flag to change to your region.

Sections of Interest include:

• FAQ > What does the Mobile Fax service cost?  (Includes a link to the Terms of Service contract)
  • Below section FAQ > More FAQs

and

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Full Feature Software

HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation