Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro MFP M479
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The application on my screen is so small it's unreadable.hp scan.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@rpf2071 

Normally, the GUI (graphics user interface that provides the menu seen on the computer screen) responds to the resolution of the screen.  That means, if you have a very high resolution screen, everything, including menus for software, will view smaller than they would on a less dense (lower resolution) screen. 

If this is the case, adjusting the settings that control Scale and layout can  help.

Settings > System > Display

More..

An excellent tool, the magnifier can help view objects that do not respond to resolution changes.

Settings > Ease of Access > Magnifier

Hint:  Read a bit about the tool before invoking it so you won't be surprised.  For example, read about (and possibly adjust) the 'lens size' and write down the keystrokes used to control magnifier actions.

What else?

This "tiny menu" visual display can also be the result of a software (program / code) not having been written for higher resolution screens.   ?

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M478-M479 series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

So, it appears that this is specifically related to UHD monitors.  Every computer in my home has the exact same issue.  I found an old laptop where it displayed correctly.  My current settings are below.  I guess I'm forced to use the magnifier.  Time to join the 21st century, HP.

screen settings.jpg

HP Recommended

@rpf2071 

Yes, very high resolution monitors are more common all the time - and the feature is not compatible with software that is not written to handle "ultra high" resolution.

I am sorry the answer is not what you hoped it to be.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.