Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noopman
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP Scan and Capture App can find the printer but not use it.

ENVY Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In the App when I select the device it says "HP ENVY Photo 7800" and then "Installed Locally". On my PC I have installed the "HP Smart" app and also the "HP Scan and Capture" App. The former app can scan using my printer. The latter can't. When I click to search for available printers it finds my "ENVY Photo 7800 series (HP0DFBBC)" on the network. I have verified that this is indeed the IP used by my product. My list of devices shows both of these options. I realize that it would be better if it showed only one. I am unable to remove either of the entries.

When I click to "Capture Photos" or "Capture documents" the app immediately says "Device cannot be found". I have uninstalled and reinstalled "HP Scan and Capture" and I have tried rebooting my device.

Clearly there is something amiss since the device can be found on the network but the App does not function. Again, HP Smart can both find the printer AND also scan. "HP Scan and Capture" has always worked before.

I would like to again be able to use "HP Scan and Capture" on my system, please!

3 REPLIES 3
Level 15
Level 15
12,087 12,038 1,207 2,802
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Think HP Scan and Capture has been discontinued and integrated into HP Smart.

Alternatively, you can try the HP Scan (by installing the FULL featured software). It has more features than HP Smart.

The following resources will show you how to download and install the HP FULL featured software and some tutorials on using it.

Download the HP FULL featured software

HP Envy Photo 7800 series printers:Using the ADF & flatbed scan glass to scan & save a PDF document

How to get a small PDF file size after scanning?

HP Envy Photo 7855: Scan a document to PDF with enhancements

Hope that helps!

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL.png

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
Highlighted
noopman
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

That helps a lot! Are you considering perhaps removing the HP Scan and Capture App from the Microsoft Store?! Because right now it is confusing people, such as myself!

Level 15
Level 15
12,087 12,038 1,207 2,802
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.  

Have a nice day!

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL.png

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation