Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro 400

I have exactly the same problem on my HP Laserjet Pro 400, and using Outlook on a W10 computer. As far as I can see all other functions are working properly. It actually is saving the scan in My Docs, but not able to email them. It has worked perfectly for years, but this seems to have started after the W10 Update that my computer decided to do about a week ago. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.
Search and locate Microsoft Office.
Click Uninstall (or Repair if shown), then select Repair from the shown screen and follow the steps on the screen.

From my experience that should help, else I suggest contacting Microsoft as the issue relies on MS office itself and not with the HP software.

Hope that helps,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please locate any PDF file on your PC, right click it and select Send To  > Mail Recipient.

Does it open a New Message dialog in Outlook as expected or may nothing happens then too?

The HP Scan software do the same function as the above command should be done, as long as your operating system cannot perform a such HP Scan will fail to do the same too...

Please let me know the results, to get a better understanding of the problem.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks for that thought, which is a good one! You're right- if I Right click on a PDF and Send to Mail Recipient nothing happens at all. Again, this was also all working as normal until the W10 update a few days ago. Incidentally, that update has also changed the way Office Outlook searches and slowed it down considerably. I guess it's all just about another not very resolved Windows Update!

HP Recommended

Hi,
From the Control Panel select Uninstall a Program.
Search and locate Microsoft Office.
Click Uninstall (or Repair if shown), then select Repair from the shown screen and follow the steps on the screen.

From my experience that should help, else I suggest contacting Microsoft as the issue relies on MS office itself and not with the HP software.

Hope that helps,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

Brilliant- that's all sorted now. Thank you so much

Peter

HP Recommended

You're much Welcome Peter, great to see you are now up and running 🙂

HP Recommended

Excellent information, thank you.  Took me almost 4 hours to find this particular info, as I was looking at "Scan to Email" issues, rather than "unable to open our email application".  5 minutes to fix it after that.  Beautiful.

HP Recommended

When I tried that, nothing happened.

HP Recommended

That fixed it for me. But I had to open Programs and Features from the Admin Command Prompt and then repair office.

HP Recommended

Exactly!  After days of hitting my head against the wall with "Scan to Email", the solution.  Thanks, Schlomi!

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.