Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. When scanning using the HP Scan software I'd like to resize or maximize the program's window in order to better be able to see the scan previews and apply cropping or other editing functions.

It is very frustrating that my only options are to use a predetermined size of that window, which is too small, or to minimize the entire window to the taskbar. WIN+Arrow up doesn't work either.

Why does the HP Scan software not allow us to maximize the window? Is there any workaround to this?

screenshotscreenshot

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Unfortunately, the program's window cannot be resized.

However, the image scanned can be resized and zoomed in.

Scanned imageScanned imageResized image by dragging the size crop  anchors (green dots)Resized image by dragging the size crop anchors (green dots)Magnify image by the zoom button & horizontal & vertical bars (green dots)Magnify image by the zoom button & horizontal & vertical bars (green dots)

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

This has always been a problem from day 1 and never addressed by HP.

HP Recommended
Hi @greenturtle

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem at all.
I really hope future updated will make the window resizable. I don't even understand why it's not the case with the HP scan software. What would even be the benefit of having a fixed size window?

Kind regards,
Sam
HP Recommended

Try NAPS2 software...  This allows you to Maximize.

Please try this scan solution:

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

HP Recommended

@sabretooth04 wrote:

Try NAPS2 software...  This allows you to Maximize.

Please try this scan solution:

Make searchable PDFs scans with this free scanning software - https://www.naps2.com/

Let us know.

I used to use a Canon printer but recently switched to HP.

I have some issues with HP Scan (window/font too small, non-resizable window, ...) and HP Smart (not all options I need are present like B&W).

I am also using WonderShare PDFElement Pro v7.x but I am not totally satisfied with the scanning features.

So based on your recommendation, I tried NAPS2 software and... wow... This is by far the best scanning software I ever used. 😀

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.