Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Smart Mobile Fax

HP Recommended

I've used the Mobile Fax a couple of times now to send a fax and it works fine, but I want to know if there's any way to print a copy of the document I faxed, especially the cover page.  When I click on "export fax report," all I can see/save is the transmission information.  I can view the cove page, but can't right click to save it or print it.

Is this just not possible?  Frustrating as I need to save these in my files.  What do I need to do, fax it to myself?? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3,124 3,107 139 189
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AmyinVA

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Try the below steps to save the fax-

1. Click the Mobile Fax tile, click the More icon , and then click Fax history.

Tapping the More icon and then tapping Fax history to view old faxes

2. Click any fax to view the details of that fax.

3. Click Export Fax Log to save a fax to your mobile device, computer, or cloud account

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That does not help, that only gives me a copy of the fax report/details.  I am not trying to save a copy of the fax log/report, I am trying to save a copy of the actual cover sheet and document that was faxed.  I can click on the magnifying glass icon  to view the cover page and the document, but I can't save them  or print them.  I especially need to be able to save the cover page for my files.

Is there any way to do this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,822 11,816 741 897
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@AmyinVA

I understand your concern. However, there are no other options to save or print the mobile fax sent or received. As a workaround, you may take a screenshot of the cover page and then save/print it.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

From the website help, there is a step for Saving Faxes, which is what I want to do.

How do I see (not a Preview) or save old faxes?

Work with prior faxes from the fax history window.
  1. Click the Mobile Fax tile, click the More icon, and then click Fax history.
  2. Click any fax to view the details of that fax.
  3. Click Export Fax Log to save a fax to your mobile device, computer, or cloud account.

There isn't an option to Export Fax Log.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,564 7,566 317 482
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@scubbydoo

I understand your concerns.

However, there are no other options to save or print the mobile fax sent or received. As a workaround, you may take a screenshot of the cover page and then save/print it.

Have a nice day!!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation