Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I've used the Mobile Fax a couple of times now to send a fax and it works fine, but I want to know if there's any way to print a copy of the document I faxed, especially the cover page.  When I click on "export fax report," all I can see/save is the transmission information.  I can view the cove page, but can't right click to save it or print it.

Is this just not possible?  Frustrating as I need to save these in my files.  What do I need to do, fax it to myself?? 

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @AmyinVA

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Try the below steps to save the fax-

1. Click the Mobile Fax tile, click the More icon , and then click Fax history.

Tapping the More icon and then tapping Fax history to view old faxes

2. Click any fax to view the details of that fax.

3. Click Export Fax Log to save a fax to your mobile device, computer, or cloud account

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

That does not help, that only gives me a copy of the fax report/details.  I am not trying to save a copy of the fax log/report, I am trying to save a copy of the actual cover sheet and document that was faxed.  I can click on the magnifying glass icon  to view the cover page and the document, but I can't save them  or print them.  I especially need to be able to save the cover page for my files.

Is there any way to do this?

HP Recommended

@AmyinVA

I understand your concern. However, there are no other options to save or print the mobile fax sent or received. As a workaround, you may take a screenshot of the cover page and then save/print it.

Keep us posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

From the website help, there is a step for Saving Faxes, which is what I want to do.

How do I see (not a Preview) or save old faxes?

Work with prior faxes from the fax history window.
  1. Click the Mobile Fax tile, click the More icon, and then click Fax history.
  2. Click any fax to view the details of that fax.
  3. Click Export Fax Log to save a fax to your mobile device, computer, or cloud account.

There isn't an option to Export Fax Log.

HP Recommended

@scubbydoo

I understand your concerns.

However, there are no other options to save or print the mobile fax sent or received. As a workaround, you may take a screenshot of the cover page and then save/print it.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.