cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Smart Scan 11x17 option gone

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using a HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 and have the HP Smart App installed on my Windows 10 computer. I went to scan something today and it appears something has changed. I cannot find the option to scan 11x17. I know I have done this in the past - even just a few weeks ago. The screen shot below shows my options for scanning from the glass. The document is an 11x17 drawing, and I want it scanned in as 11x17 so that it can easily be saved/printed as an 11x17. I don't see anywhere that I can adjust settings to get the 11x17 option to appear. Please help!

idamech_0-1602861070143.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
29,450 29,171 5,054 11,552
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Use the HP Scan application by launching the HP Officejet Pro 7740 software and selecting Scan a Document or Photo.

Set the Source to Flatbed Glass and then set the Size as A3.

If the software is not installed, follow the HP Print and Scan Doctor by selecting Fix Scanning, be sure to check to install the HP Full Feature Software if it detected as missing:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for looking into this issue. I followed the link and ran the Fix Scanning option. I did not see a place to check to install the HP full Feature Software. The Fix Scanning program said it found some issues and installed some updates. I don't seem to have HP Scan installed on my computer, and I can't seem to find it on the HP site or over a Google search. I have the HP Smart App installed, and I have scanned to 11x17 successfully in the past using this App. However, for some reason something has changed and I can no longer select the 11 x 17 option. Also, A3 and 11x17 are similar, but not the same. I have also seen 11x17 called tabloid. That is what I would like to use if possible. Can you help me print this way using the HP Smart app or help me install the HP Scan program on my computer? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue all of sudden I have been using the HP smart app for over a year to scan 11x17 and now all of a sudden I am unable to do so.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation