Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet MFP M227sdn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I recently upgraded printer which has new software. HP Scan was replaced with HP Smart. I’m looking for way to make a scan from my desk by pressing just one button. As the result new image files should show up in folder.

I would like to use scanner on the top of HP LaserJet MFP M227sdn

Kind regards

P

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @Pak12, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you would like to know how to create a scan shortcut on your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

As you mentioned you would like to know how to create a scan shortcut on your PC.

Are you using scan to email or scan to a network folder? If so which feature are you using?

You have to install the full feature printer software on your PC to create a shortcut.

First, uninstall the printer software from the root level on your PC and install the full feature printer software and check if it helps.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Update the full feature printer software using this link: https://hp.care/2y5Pp0F

Open-File Explorer > navigate to the printer's bin folder (name of the printer may vary):
C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP LaserJet MFP M227sdn Printer\bin

Highlight HPScan.exe > Right-Click on the file > Send to >> select Desktop (make a shorcut)

If you like:

Right-Click on the new shortcut on your Desktop > Properties > General > edit the name to what you like

Refer this video instruction to know more information about scanning from HP printer. Link: https://hp.care/2v6mAQu

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This solution doesn't work. The scan feature cannot connect to the printer/scanner after the HP"Smart" "upgrade". There is also no option to do anything for the scanning features in the "Smart Tasks" shortcuts. So far, it has greatly been a reduction in efficiency, and the tools to modify the scans for optimal visibility have also been reduced. Looks primarily as a way to push more cartridges on people. Two thumbs down, and more interest being generated to get away from HP products in general and look at laser or other brands.

HP Recommended

@ErieEnergy

I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.