Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Office Jet Pro 8500
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

12/30/15 HP Solution Center fails to launch after W10 KB3132372 is installed. 

Update for vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge: December 29, 2015

I removed this update and Solution Center launches successfully. :generic:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Microsoft released a patch today https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431 that fixes the error introduced by 3132372. The new update allows embedded Adobe Flash files to run in the browser. This should fix issues with HP Solution Center.

Please do not uninstall MS security updates and leave yourselves vulnerable.

AlliBee

Click the thumbs up + button if I have helped you. Mark Accepted Solution if your problem is solved. If both apply......do both.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
HP Recommended

Good find.  Looks like someone at Microsoft, Adobe and HP has some work to do.

HP Recommended

The same happened on my system (DELL XPS8700 Win-10, Photosmart Premium Fax All-in-One). Wasted a lot of time scratching my head, rebooting, trying to re-install. (Thankfully HP's Support Assistant kept failing to download the update it said I needed even though the device reported that it was up to date, else I would probably have wasted even more time.)

Once I had seen JimNY's post (for which many thanks), I tried uninstalling KB3132372 and the Solution Center was back working again. However, this is clearly completely unsatisfactory: I need the Solution Center for my printer, but I presume Microsoft have good reasons for their security update and will probably try and update my system again automatically, so the ball is firmly in HP's court. HP are going to have a lot of very frustrated customers on their hands if they don't post a warning and fix this quick.

I just hope that HP's people monitor this forum.

HP Recommended
Tjanks good find
HP Recommended

Same problem. Removed the update yesterday and HP solution center worked ok. Overnight, Windows 10 reinstalled the update and HP solution center failed. Removed update again and HP Solution Center worked again. HELP HP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This needs to be fixed.

HP Recommended

Since I will never use Internet Explorer on W10. 

I simply hide this unwanted update so it will never be installed again.

See the following MS link for "Show or Hide Updates" tool usage.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

HP Recommended

I have same problem.   HP Solution Center worked fine yesterday.  Now when it executes, there is no main frame displayed.  Simply has gone away.  Printer still prints and still can scan a single sheet with the printer button.  But no HP Solution Center.  

I've played with it all day too and haven't been able to restore functionality, even deleting the offending KB3132372.   Not sure what else to do.

Tried unistalling /reinstalling.  No joy.   In fact, using Control Panel...Progams&Features...I see HP Solutons Center 13.0 but can't unistall it!   I can right click the app and see "uninstall/change" but it won't let me do anything when I attempt to execute.

Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Does HP Solution Center actually use Flash Player?  

HP Recommended

What I find odd is that KB3132372 says that it is for Windows8-RT so why was it installed for Windows 10?  I uninstalled it which corrected the HP Solution Center problem and then used WUSHOWHIDE.DIAGCAB to block it from being installed in the future (see Microsoft Article ID 3073930 for details on how to temporarily prevent the Windows update from reinstalling).

HP Recommended

Check out Microsoft Article ID 3073930 which has the details on how to prevent the update from reinstalling which is done by a Microsoft program titled WUSHOWHIDE.DIAGCAB

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.