03-20-2017 09:04 PM
I cannot send or receive faxes. My printer fax screen says "This feature has been disabled. For more information, contact the administrator." Of course I AM the administrator! I have no idea how to reset this or get the fax to work. It has worked in the past, until I 1) changed telephone providers; and 2) connected a newer (Windows 10) laptop computer.
03-21-2017 08:15 PM
Please try the below steps to enable fax:
1. Access the "embedded web server" by typing the ip address of your printer into the address bar of your web browser.
2. The page will have the HP logo and should have the model number of your printer at the top. Below that there is a row of tabs. Click the settings tab at the far right.
3. On the left side bar there is a section labeled "Security." Click on the Administrator settings link under that section.
4. You might get a redirect warning. If you get a page saying that the security certificate is not trusted then proceed anyway.
5. Under the Administrator Settings, check the "Enabled" box next to Fax. Finally, click the "Apply" box at bottom right corner of the page.
6. Then, restart your printer.
Hope this helps.
Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"