IanGam
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy Photo 7134 scan is very very faint

HP Envy Photo 7134
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP Envy multi-function printer and just went to try the scanner. The scan image is so faint you struggle to see the text. I have tried different resolution and compression, including lifting the lid and scanning my hand. It is scanning but not really forming a defined image. 

I tried the hard boot and reset of the printer by unplugging while on, but no luck. I checked that the latest software version driver was installed. I have also tried scanning from the printer console to my computer.

As you can see this image should be crystal, any ideas?

2019-10-10_173348.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,111 5,098 266 209
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IanGam

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen while copying too?

Let's run the HP Print and Scan Doctor:

Use this link for details on using the HP Print and Scan doctor: https://hp.care/2JyaC93

If the issue persists, let's do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.)  Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
IanGam
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for the reply. 

Yes it happens during copy.

I ran through your suggested steps and uninstalled the printer drivers etc including the ones for my previous HP Envy 110.

Installed the entire web pack and drivers, but no luck as same issue with scan and copy.  What do I do now?

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,111 5,098 266 209
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is the Printer connected directly to a wall outlet? Try a different wall outlet too.

Clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

1. Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power cord.

2. Lift the scanner lid.

3. Spray a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner, then wipe the scanner glass, glass strip (if present), the white backing under the scanner lid, and the white strip under the lid (if present) until clean, dry, and streak-free.

CAUTION: 

To protect the interior printer parts, do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass or on the underside of the lid.

Figure : Clean the scanner glass and under the lid, and any glass or white strips (if present)

1. White scanner lid backing

2. White ADF scanner lid strip (if present)

3. Glass ADF scanner strip (if present)

4. Main scanner glass

4. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer, then close the scanner lid completely.

5. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan. Make sure the original document or photo is in good condition and free of tears, creases, folds, staples, or tape.

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
IanGam
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Followed your instructions but still no luck. I think I need to return the printer and get a replacement.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,111 5,098 266 209
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation