Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
C309g-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Each time I launch HP scan, it takes precisely 2 minutes to open. The scanner is network connected VIA a cable. During that 2 minutes I see a window dispalying HP Scan with a progression bar at the bottom which resets every 10 seconds. What can I do to solve this annoying issue.

Guy Carignan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's now working correctly.

First I installed the HP Printer (AIO printer and scanner C309g-m) by letting Windows discover it by itself.

I tried to install  HP Solution Center but didn't complete as usual and hang on device configuration step (last step).

I killed the task (after waiting 5 minutes).

By using the same installer I removed everything installed by the HP SolutionCenter installer except the part that installed the drivers.

Now HP Scan open almost instantly.

Impossible for me to understand clearly the exact sequence of installation.

It would be great if HP revise or regenerate an installer that works painlessly to install this device using a network connection (cable or WiFi).

For me it's more useful to ionstall this device on my network since my family is using this printer with their wireless computers.

I regret the time I was using Windows 7.

It was so easy.

It's time for HP to update their installer.

Thank you !

Guy Carignan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your description, a connectivity issue would be most likely the cause.

Please make sure the cable is not longer than 1.8 meters long and directly connected to a USB port at the back of your PC, also try plugging it to another port and check.

If the same persists, I suggest trying another USB cable and check if you may see any improvement then.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hello !

It is connected with an Ethernet cable RJ45.

HP scan eventually open but 2 minutes precisely ( every time) after launching the application.

Do you know if it Is possible to code the ip adress of the scanner instead of letting HP scan search for the network scanner?

Thank you.

Guy Carignan
HP Recommended

Ok,

Are both the computer and the printer connected to the same router?

If connected to different router, switch or hub, try connecting both to the router and check for any difference.

I would also suggest restarting your router by unplugging it for a moment, allow it 3-4 minutes till the internet connection returns and then restart both the computer and the printer.

May you see any difference?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

They are connected to the same router.

I disconnected the router for 3 minutes and it doesn't make any difference.

I restarted the computer and the scanner and still the same issue.

HP scan starts precisely 2 minutes (no more no less) after launching the application

Guy Carignan
HP Recommended

It's now working correctly.

First I installed the HP Printer (AIO printer and scanner C309g-m) by letting Windows discover it by itself.

I tried to install  HP Solution Center but didn't complete as usual and hang on device configuration step (last step).

I killed the task (after waiting 5 minutes).

By using the same installer I removed everything installed by the HP SolutionCenter installer except the part that installed the drivers.

Now HP Scan open almost instantly.

Impossible for me to understand clearly the exact sequence of installation.

It would be great if HP revise or regenerate an installer that works painlessly to install this device using a network connection (cable or WiFi).

For me it's more useful to ionstall this device on my network since my family is using this printer with their wireless computers.

I regret the time I was using Windows 7.

It was so easy.

It's time for HP to update their installer.

Thank you !

Guy Carignan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.