Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to be able to, but now I can't scan to a network folder. The IP address for my printer is incorrect and when I use the printer assistant software it fails. 

Here's what I'm doing:

From printer assistant, Iselect "Tools", then "Update IP Address"

I enter the correct IP address in the box and hit the "Test" button, it responds with the folowing message: "Success! Your device was found at the current IP address. Click Save to update your software."

When I click Save I get this message: "We are currently unable to update the device. Please reboot your system and try again if you still have problems using the device."

I have rebooted and tried again multiple times with the same result. I've also reset my modem without any better luck. 

What's next???

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@GEK63

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums After reading your post I see that you are getting network scanner connection issue. I will be a delight to assist you here.

Superb analysis and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂  Kudos to you on that score.:)

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

When did this issue start?

Did you do any changes to the printer?

Meanwhile

Restart devices and check driver scan settings

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Make sure the printer power cord connects directly to an electrical outlet and not through a surge protector or power strip.

3. Close all running programs on your computer, and then shut down the computer.

4. Turn on the printer.

5. Turn on the computer.

6. Search Windows for your printer model name, and then click the printer name in the list of results.

• If HP Printer Assistant opens, click Scan a Document or Photo or Manage Scan to Computer, and then make sure the check box is selected next to Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log onto Windows.

• If HP Solution Center opens, click Scan Settings to view scan connection status, settings, and preferences.

• If your printer name is not in the results, skip to the step to install the HP software for your printer.

7. Try to scan.

Run the Print and Scan Doctor

Step 4: Run the Print and Scan Doctor

HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor  to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser's download capabilities.

After the Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Fix Scanning to review a list of issues and fixes.

1. In the Print and Scan Doctor results screen, view the list of actionable results.

• If you see white checkmarks, the printer passed the tests.

• If you see a white wrench, Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it.

• If you see yellow exclamation points, the test failed and required user action, but the step was skipped.

• If you see a red X, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.

2. Click Test Scan or Skip.

• If you click Test Scan, the Print and Scan Doctor launches the HP scanning software to perform a test scan. Follow the on-screen instructions in the scanning software to perform the test.

• If you click Skip and are not experiencing additional issues, click Quit to exit the tool.

Uninstall the printer software

1. Search Windows for uninstall a program, and then click the Uninstall a program Control Panel setting in the list of results.

2. In the list of installed programs, click your HP printer name, and then click Uninstall or Yes to confirm the uninstall.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.

4. Restart the computer.

Reinstall the HP software

1. Turn on the printer.

2. If your printer is connected to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

3. Go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads.

4. If prompted, select a method to identify your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to go to the download page.

5. Click Download next to the full feature driver.

6. Use the HP Download and Install Assistant for a guided driver download and installation, or select Download only to manually open or run the driver file through your Internet browser’s download tools.

7. During the installation, select the Typical or Recommended type of installation when prompted by the software installer. If you choose a Minimum installation, read the description of each software component carefully to avoid unintended loss of printer functionality.

You can refer this HP Document for more assistance: http://hp.care/2IDDRTC

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue on an 8725, was working fine this morning...

The HP Print and Scan Doctor fixed my issue.

Best wishes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.