Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP2840 FAX stopped after switch from Verizon to Atlantic Broadband cable telephone

HP Recommended
HP2840

HP2840 FAX stopped after switch from Verizon to Atlantic Broadband  cable telephone.  Two phone lines, one for office phone and one dedicated FAX.  Both phone lines working.  Settings FAX on HP2840 check out.  Out going FAX calls out, connects, but no "hand shake."  In coming FAX, rings, picks up. but no "hand shake."

No other changes to FAX except change to ABB.

HELP?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,678 16,638 714 784
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SeanJR

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Sending and receiving of data through the serial fax modem can only occur during an active fax session. A fax session can only be established between two fax modems that successfully negotiate common capabilities such as fax resolution, transmission speed, compression, and format.

Fax negotiation and communication uses the T.30 protocol, which is restricted to fax communications. A fax session cannot be negotiated for anything other than a fax transfer, so it is not possible for other components in or out of the system to use the modem for transferring data other than fax data.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The reply I received is not helpful.  I do not understand it and frankly, it sounds like double talk.

I need to find our why  my HP2840 FAX picked  up with Verizon as the phone carrier, but  now that I have Atlantic Broadband as the carrier, it will not pick up,  The incoming phone line is working correctly.  My HP2840 seems unable to go to the FAX "handshake" when there is an incoming  FAX.

I have reviewed all the FAX set up settings and they are correct.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16,678 16,638 714 784
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@SeanJR

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation