2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP6978 OCR Scanning

HP6978 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried installing HP drivers/software that enables OCR scanning. Setup went fine but when I invoke the application and try to scan, I get the message that my printer was not fount. See image. After 4 attempts, I have given up. I need to scan documents to text and not go through, save as pdf->open pdf in Word->copy from Word to software I'm using (this is the current method to get the results I need). Please help.HP Error.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP6978 OCR Scanning

Hi @ejr3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Kindly use HP Scan extended application to scan. Click here to download the file. 

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

ejr3
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP6978 OCR Scanning

This absolutely solved my problem. A suggestion would be to offer this download on the same page as the drivers for this printer.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,485 6,478 426 526
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP6978 OCR Scanning

@ejr3

Thank you for the feedback, it will be forwarded to the respective team in HP. Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation