Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am recieving this error message after scanning about 15 pages

I have performed a complete shutdown of the system (windows xp with 2 gb of ram) and the hp scan jet 7000

it was working for the longest time until recently

are you aware of any known issues with windows updates and the scanning software that may be causing this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Short answer: probably not an update issue. Delete your temp file (make sure it is the user temp file) and hope for the best. Long answer as follows:

I also receive this error, albeit at random intervals. I think you are the third person I have found who has this same error and no one has been able to give me any information as to the cause. What scanner software do you use? I only have this problem using HP Smart Document Scan Software that ships with the scanner. No problems with PaperPort 11 but it doesn't have the features of SDSS.

My theory is that it is a problem with creating the temp files of scans that are used as a cache until they are saved by the user. These files are never automatically deleted and they can add up. Try deleting the contents of your temp folder. Under the start menu find run and type %temp% . Your temp file should now be open. Files of the form hprXXXX where the Xs are hex numbers are the SDSS temp files. You can delete the whole folder by selecting all with ctrl+A then deleting. The first time I noticed this problem I had 30GB of hp temp files and it took a couple minutes to delete it all. This has reduced the interval between errors on my machine now that I empty the temp folder every day.

One time I skipped cleaning my temp file for 16^4 -1 (65573) images (the maximum number of file names) and the error 2059 rapidly increased as available file names decreased. This doesn't confirm temp file naming as the definitive cause but it is one possible source.

Good Luck

My setup

i3-2120 4GB RAM

Windows 7 pro 64 bit, 64 bit mode, 32 bit mode, xp virtual machine

HP Scanjet 7000

HP Smart Document Scan version: 3.10.0000

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.