Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer N911g
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

PRODUCT NAME:         HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer N911g

FPU No:                         CM750-64001

MODEL NAME:             CM750A

I cleaned printer today, and I think I have 'upset it'!  Sheet feeder won't scan - put in 3 pages, 1st page starts to scan, but doesn't do 'usual pause, then continue as the first page starts to show on screen'. Sheet one just goes thru, and 2nd doesn't scan - and I get an error message! I've obviously upset it. Does anyone know what I can do to fix! I have turned off, unplugged power cable, waited 60 seconds, then re-tried. This didn't work.

Dooooo hope someone can help - PLEASE! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Pippa7

I understand your concerns and would like to help

Please ensure the printer has the latest updates. You can refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Also follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/... to clean the paper rollers

Try scanning from the ADF and let me know how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Krazy Toad,

Thank you v. much. Alas, not having much success. I can't 'do' thing on the printer (setting wise) - it's asking for Wifi U/N and P/W, I have them, then it asked for Port. Have printed out all the setting 'gen', and found the word. "Port 9110 - Status enabled" (so tried 9110 - it didn't like that. So I went back to the Mac - downloaded firmware dmg .... went to 'do' it - first time got this message:

"Something seems to be wrong with your device.

Device is in error state and cannot be reflashed because of this. Resolve the problem and try again."

(shame it couldn't tell me "what" the problem is!)

Did the 'pull out power cord, pull out plug' thing, again.

Tried again with the Mac - this time got this message: 

This Firmware Update does not contain upgrades for your device."

(when I was downloading the dmg, I had noticed a fairly recent 'date', so no idea why it's saying all this!)

I was thinking of UNINSTALLING from Mac, and starting again, hoping new download of drivers, might have all the updates on them? IS this a daft thought? 

It is a very old MFC. I have a bid in for 99p for a replacement for parts (before I posted, had had the idea of just changing the whole ADF thing! - but no doubt this is "mad'?

Am tearing my hair out!

Even when it IS working, it sometimes takes 5 mins to 'actually' print a page, other times it flies along, without a thought.

Sometimes it's perfectly happy printing, but won't scan, unless I quit all on the Mac, and restart, then it's fine.

Unless I can get a more patient person to sort the thing out for me ....I am not averse to getting a new m/c -  "BUT"  I have quite a number of ££ XL INKs  in stock, and am loathed to buy more. If you can tell me model name + number, of a new HP MFC - THAT USES 'SAME' cartridges, (they seem to have changed what they call them all, these days!) ... I am willing to throw in the towel and get a new m/c! Or am I being half-hearted!? 

Here's hoping you can help 🙂

HP Recommended

A little update.

Backed-up all, shut down printer; restarted Mac, turned on printer before Mac had gone and re-started, and have just managed to do:

Print 1 pp - fast, no - I'm thinking about it!

Scan flatbed scan - ok

Scan 1pp, via sheet-feeder - fine, even has that 'rest-period' I was talking about .... BUT, result: the top quarter of the page is NOT scanned.

Scan 3pp, via sheet-feeder - the good news is it took pages 2 and 3, but ALL 3 have the top quarter chopped off.

(yes, I forgot to say in my last missive, yes I had had a look for 'bits of paper'!)

Does this give you any hints?

Do hope so ....

Best wishes, Pippa

HP Recommended

@Pippa7

I suggest we try a Semi Full Reset and check if that helps

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you the instructions in a private message

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.