Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have just picked up my second HP Deskjet all in one printer, the first one wouldn't scan and now this one is the same, same error message as before, unfortunately it won't let me copy and paste the message, has anyone else had this problem ? I don't want to have to take it back and change it again ! Please help....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the deskjet not scanning. 

If this is a brand new printer and you still are not able to scan, it may be something on the computer that is blocking the ports. 

Are you downloading the drivers from the CD or the website? Here is a link for the website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5157...

Make sure to download the FULL FEATURE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE. 

What is the error message that you are seeing? Is it on the computer screen or the printer?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with the deskjet not scanning. 

If this is a brand new printer and you still are not able to scan, it may be something on the computer that is blocking the ports. 

Are you downloading the drivers from the CD or the website? Here is a link for the website.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5157...

Make sure to download the FULL FEATURE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE. 

What is the error message that you are seeing? Is it on the computer screen or the printer?

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended
Thank you, I spoke with HP we downloaded the drivers again but still not working, we came to the conclusion that its either my computer ( I am getting them out to it ) or it could be the lead I am using from my old HP printer.
HP Recommended

No problem at all. If you run into any other problems, feel free to ask. 

HP Recommended

still having the same problem.some1 any1 help

HP Recommended

Hello toeray07.

If you need assistance, please verify what type of printer you have. Click here to find out: Model Number.

What is the exact issue your are experiencing?

What is your operating system? Windows or Mac?

How is this printer connected? Wireless or USB?

Once I verify this information I can assist you further.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

my hp all in one deskjet scanner is not working. please say any easy way to solve this problem.

HP Recommended

Hello nadar, I am aware that this post was last year, I hope you did manage to scan.  I'd suggest you and anyone who has trouble scanning, to uninstalled the previous software downloaded as shared by Rudy1906 in the link. Then, installed back the link shared or from the cd-driver. Follow each step process till a point where usb is needed to connect to laptop/computer. I'd suggest not to skip this step and insert the usb right away till it connect and proceed. Hope it helps, I just sign up to reply this as it has helped me and it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.