Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I fix the scan feature which produces a blue striped page covering the text I was scannng.  Nothing is wrong with the glass cover.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @cooberpedi,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, scan quality seems to be poor. 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Does this happen while making a copy?

When was the last time it was working fine?

Did you make any hardware/software changes? 

Let's try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

Step 3: Reset the printer

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE TROUBLESHOOTING

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @cooberpedi,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

As I understand, scan quality seems to be poor. 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Does this happen while making a copy?

When was the last time it was working fine?

Did you make any hardware/software changes? 

Let's try these troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue: 

Step 1: Confirm the issue is not printing-related

Step 2: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Read one of the following sections for steps to clean these components, depending on your printer type.

Step 3: Reset the printer

CLICK HERE TO CONTINUE TROUBLESHOOTING

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I finally turned off the Hub. Turned on again. Installed the printer via WiFi again.  Now it works and no longer says printer unavailable.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@cooberpedi

You're most welcome. 

I'm glad to know that the printer unavailable error is fixed and now the printer works fine. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 

Feel free to keep us posted for any further questions. As @Flower_Bud is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

Happy printing! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.