06-17-2019 10:12 AM
HP Scan does not find the scanner,
06-19-2019 11:51 AM
Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,
Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.
If you're able to make a copy from the printer. I would suggest you uninstall the printer from the root level and then reinstall it by following the steps below:
- Press “Windows key” + “r” to get the “Run” window.
- Type "services.msc" to get Services – Go to “Print spooler” – Right-click and “Stop” the service.
- Now again open "Run" - Type “spool” and ok - Go to PRINTERS folder - delete everything in that folder.
- Go to services again - Start the print spooler.
- Now check for issue resolution.
- If the issue persists, also try clean installing the printer drivers. Here are the steps:
- First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
- Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
- Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
- Press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
- Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
- Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
- Restart your computer.
- Please click here to download and install the software.
- Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Let me know how it goes for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee