Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Digital Sender Flow 8500 fn
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a digital sender and don't know the admin password or admin user name. The touch panel icons were removed so that users would not get into areas they aren't supposed to.

Does anyone know what the web page admin user account is? admin or administrator? We could try a few passwords if we can isolate a username.

Is there a special code for Sevice Access?

Or, how do you do a facotry reset without control panel or webpage access?

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Did you ever get your answer, as we have the same problem that we don't know what the admin username/password as been set to, and not found any anwer.

HP Recommended

Team,

I have the same problem stated above.  Can you plese provide me the default password to configure the device. Im trying to apply a template to the digital sender, but I have to manually change the IP address 1st.

Thank You

HP Recommended

Same issue here! The scanner is used, and has been for some time, in a home office where I AM THE ONLY ONE using it. After several recent firmware updates, the scanner now REQUIRES an UNKNOWN password. All attempts at guessing a password have failed. A recent router upgrade now necessitates changes to the scannner admin level settings NOW only available after entering a password. Attempts to contact HP Technical Support have resulted in DEAD END leads. A new encrypted hard disk was purchased FROM HP and installed. During a firmware forced reset startup, the system STILL REQUIRES a password to clear/setup this new hard drive. HP provided a list of three local Authorized HP Service entities that can be utilized to help with this issue. Unfortunately ALL THREE have gone out of business. ALL DEAD ENDS resulting in an overpriced non-functioning paper weight on my desk! What is up HP? Did Service JUST fall apart or has this been a steady decline over the years?  

HP Recommended

did anyone get a reply? trying to factory reset without passwords. 

HP Recommended

How did you fix the reset password issue?

best regards

HP Recommended

This device is reset the same way as any other HP Enterprise MFP. You need to enter the preboot menu and perform a partial clean. However if someone has placed an admin password on the preboot menu and changed the service password, this will not work. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info Repairtrooper.

I think my high end scanner picked up a default password during one of the updates and HP will not give out that default password to users.

I have been working around the issue by simply using a USB stick and "Sneakernet" (the scanner is no longer hooked up to ANY real wired or wireless network).

HP Recommended

The preboot menu password is missing too is there a way to fix this?

best regards

HP Recommended

Hi RunningStick did find a way to fix this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.