cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Horizontal lines whilst scanning.

HP Recommended
Envy 5460 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am able to print okay but when I try to scan something all I get is horizontal lines. Can anyone help rectify this please. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,606 12,559 1,262 3,080
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Are the lines multiple colors?  Was it seen on both scan and copy?  If it is, likely that the scanner is defective.

Contact HP for support if the printer is still under warranty:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Thanks for choosing HP!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 4 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply Greenturtle. However, as it was working before I cannot see it being a faulty scanner. I have tried everything I can think of, even uninstalling it and reinstalling. This particular model does not have an installation disc, so I am now lost. 
if it is defective, as you say, and out of warranty then the cheaper option would be to buy another one. I have nowhere to  take it to check it (I’m not a lover of PC World as they charge you before they look at it and then sometime in the future say it’s repaired you owe us or can’t fix it buy a new one). How much does you phone assist cost? Just my phone bill?

Also, I could not click “Kudos Thumbs up” because my problem has not been solved.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,606 12,559 1,262 3,080
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Mal67 

Try to do a copy and scan, if it's showing lines (colored lines), it's likely scanner defect.

You can download and install the software from this link:

https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-5640-e-all-in-one-printer-series/6583033

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation