Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

p! HelI have an HP Envy 7640 All in One.  I have never used the scanning photos feature and I am completely confused as to how to do so.  I did download the app on my phone and I thought I scanned a bunch of photos to my laptop, but I can't find them.  Any help would be greatly appreciated as there is no one to speak with at HP unless you are still under warranty.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Phillygirl813

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Use the Destination section in HP Scan to find or change where your scan files are saved.

NOTE: 

If you are scanning from the printer control panel, use HP Scan to find the default folder your scans are saved to.

1. In HP Scan, select a Save as shortcut, and then click More.

2. Click the Destination tab.

The folder your scans save to displays under Save To Folder.

Finding the folder scans are saved to

3. To change the default folder, click Browse.

4. Navigate to the folder you want to save your scans to, and then click OK.

5. To save the new folder as the default location for the shortcut, click the Save icon  next to the shortcut.

Saving changes to a scan shortcut

6. Repeat these steps for any other Save as shortcuts.

This document should help you further: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03466081

And this should help you with scanning from your phone: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640#:~:text=Install%20the%20HP%20Smart%20app%20on%20a%20....

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Phillygirl813

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Use the Destination section in HP Scan to find or change where your scan files are saved.

NOTE: 

If you are scanning from the printer control panel, use HP Scan to find the default folder your scans are saved to.

1. In HP Scan, select a Save as shortcut, and then click More.

2. Click the Destination tab.

The folder your scans save to displays under Save To Folder.

Finding the folder scans are saved to

3. To change the default folder, click Browse.

4. Navigate to the folder you want to save your scans to, and then click OK.

5. To save the new folder as the default location for the shortcut, click the Save icon  next to the shortcut.

Saving changes to a scan shortcut

6. Repeat these steps for any other Save as shortcuts.

This document should help you further: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03466081

And this should help you with scanning from your phone: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03561640#:~:text=Install%20the%20HP%20Smart%20app%20on%20a%20....

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

I'm sorry to inform you but I have no idea how to even get started with the instructions that you sent.  If someone is available to call me, it would be greatly appreciated.  I will be willing to pay for a one time consultation, just so I can get started scanning photos.  Please let me know.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Phillygirl813

if you used the HP Smart app on your phone to scan, the photos will be saved on the phone. Not on the computer. if you use the computer to scan, it will be saved on the computer.

You may use the HP Smart app on both the devices to print and scan.

For info on scanning using the HP Smart app on the Win PC/phone, click here

Kindly refer to this article for step by step instructions - How to Scan (Windows).

If you are finding it difficult to follow, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for one on one assistance via a remote session. If the printer is in-warranty, you do not have to pay for the support.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.