Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How can one test the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 regularly to make sure fax capability is working?

Officejet Pro 8600

Our business does not receive faxes daily, so we'd like to test the machine regularly to make sure faxing is working.  We don't have a means of faxing to the machine.  Is there a diagnostic we can run to test it??

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,687 20,587 1,147 1,236
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

How can one test the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 regularly to make sure fax capability is working?

@Greenmoab

Welcome to HP support community.

Send a one-page black and white text fax to 1-888-HPFaxme (1-888-473-2963). When the service receives your fax, a return confirmation fax is sent within five minutes. This verifies that you can both send and receive a fax.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Perfect, Sandytechy20!  That solution works.  Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,687 20,587 1,147 1,236
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@Greenmoab

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation