Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 8710

I recently changed my email password and when i attempted to scan to email this morinng, the printer is prompting me that the email address or password are incorrect. knowing that i changed the password I figure that i need to update on the prinet. Any ideas of how to do that?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Rob706

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The password for the email address can be edited and updated in the EWS page of the printer, let us try these steps: 

Option 1: Use the HP software to set up the Scan to Email feature.

1. Open the HP software/printer icon on the desktop screen.

2. Under the Scan or Scanner Actions heading, click Scan to Email Wizard.

3. When the outgoing email profile window displays, click your email address associated with this profile.

4. You will also find an option to delete a previously configured Email address

5. Enter an email profile display name. This is the name that will display on the printer control panel for the email profile.

6. Enter a security PIN to restrict access to this email profile from the printer control panel, if desired.

7. Enter the correct SMTP server and SMTP port information.

8. If you typically have to enter a user name and password to log into your email account, you will want to enter this information into the email authentication fields.

9. Click Next, and then click Save and Test or Save to complete the email profile configuration.

Alternatively, you can also watch this video to know how to delete and set up an Email address for scanning from HP printers

Option 2: Open the embedded web server

1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page.

Note: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.

2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer. For example, if the IP address is 123.123.123.123

Note: If you get a security message as "your connection is not private", click on Advanced and proceed to this website.

Step 2: On the printer settings page, go to Scan > scan to email > Select your email address > Edit > Authenticate > Email login authentication > Input new password > Next > Save and Test

Let me know how this goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I updated my Gmail password and now I can't access scan to email. I used these instructions and unfortunately that didn't help.

Option 2: Open the embedded web server

1. Find out the IP address or hostname of the printer by touching (Wireless) or (Ethernet) or by printing a network configuration page.

Note: The printer must be on a network and must have an IP address.

2. In a supported web browser on your computer, type the IP address of the printer. For example, if the IP address is 123.123.123.123

Note: If you get a security message as "your connection is not private", click on Advanced and proceed to this website.

Step 2: On the printer settings page, go to Scan > scan to email > Select your email address > Edit > Authenticate > Email login authentication > Input new password > Next > Save and Test

HP Recommended

Even when clicking on Advanced I am not on a secure site.  Not comfortable proceeding.

HP Recommended

I figured out that I needed to go into Gmail and create an app password and then when I plugged this into the web scan site everything worked just fine. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.