Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8715
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My macOS is 10.15.7.  The recent update of HP software is preventing me from scanning and copying.    The printer LED Screen reads "Scanner Failure Restart the printer.  If the problem persists, the scanner has become damaged and cannot copy or scan.  For more information, contact HP support."  I have uinstalled and reinstalled the printer,; used the HP Print and Scan Doctor on the Windows partion on my Mac; downloaded new drivers; and also tried the  also used the Apple Apps for HP Easy Start and HP Easy Scan.  My copies and scanned images just show gray lines or dots.   I believe there is an issue with the HP Digital Imaging Monitoring Software and the current version of macOS.   I have spent several hours with two different Apple Customer Support Reps and believe the HP East Start version 4.5.2 will fix the problem if I can find a link on the HP website.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

A Scanner Failure error indicates a hardware failure of the device itself, it doesn't have anything to do with any software on the computer.

Please follow below steps to troubleshoot a such:

https://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/document/c00587971

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.