Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I want to scan a 17 page file but when I scan the first page it just says saved as Scan 001 and doesn't give me the option to add more pages like my Epson printer used to!!

Is this 5510 not able to scan multiple pages to PDF? If so how please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have figured it out... i haven't found this answer anywhere else, so i hope others come to this feed to see it... 

it would seem that, if your resolution is any higher than 300dpi, it will not allow you to scan multiple pages, must be because the file size would be too big... clever? or just annoying.... not sure, but at least now i can do multiple pages...

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended
I'm using windows XP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem, however, I'm using Office 7.  I called HP Technical Support and they told me the Printer/Scanner does not have the ability to SCAN multiple pages - especially since it doesn't have a document feeder (as the HP Officejet models do).  I told Technical Support I would be fine with manually feeding the pages as long as a scanned document is scanned as one file instead of multiple.  Tech Support said they do not have any software that would enable the ability to scan multiple pages, however, he mentioned perhaps there is some third-party software somewhere that could achieve this.  I've searched and have only found software to support a Mac OS, not Windows.   It's time to return it to Best Buy!!

HP Recommended

I had to work it out for myself as they gave me no help at all!!

Anyway I did just follow these steps, hey and let me know if it worked for you..

Click start

All programes

HP

HP photosmart 5510 series

HP scan

Document to file

The important bit is to make sure you have a tick in the "show scan preview" box

click scan

After it's scanned the first page you put in don't click save yet, Click the + in the add/remove box on the left and do this until you've scanned all the docs you want in that PDF file then click save.

I hope it works as it took me days to find it out lol

HP Recommended

It worked!  I was having the same problem and looked everywhere for an answer.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  How is it that you had a solution and HP didn't?!?!?

HP Recommended

Lol maybe I should charge HP for online support..

HP Recommended

I don't have a add/remove box (with +) on the left??? Am I missing something?

I can't believe this functionality wasn't included! You'd think the features from older models would not be removed - that's rule #1 for any developer! Such a disappointment...

HP Recommended
By the way, there is a solution - no thanks to HP. A free program called pdfEdit995 allows you to combine multiple PDFs. It's a pain to create separate files, but at least I can put them together. I'd still like to find that add/remove box if anyone can help. The version I see for HP imagining functions is 13.0, but I'm not even sure if that's the right application.
HP Recommended

HP scan.jpg

HP Recommended

For some reason, I don't have those buttons on my screen. I have a screen capture, but can't seem to make the Insert Image work - probably doing something wrong, but what are the steps? It doesn't allow me to browse my computer for the file and paste doesn't work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.