Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Envy 7640
macOS 10.12 Sierra

How do I scan two-sided documents using HP Envy 7640? What is the most efficient way to scan multiple photos?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@walrusOakland

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to do two-sided scanning on HP Envy 7640 Printer. I would like to help you resolve this issue.

Automatic double sided scanning is not supported by this printer model.

You may perform manual double-sided scanning by scanning from your PC.

Using HP Scan software would be the efficient way to scan multiple photos.

1. Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, then close the scanner lid.

If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.

2. In the HP Scan window, click Scan.

3. Select your printer name in the Scanner menu, then select a scan job type from the Presets menu.

4. Click the down arrow  in the upper right corner of the window to view and change scan color, orientation, and quality settings.

Figure : Click the arrow button to display scan settings

Click the arrow button to display scan settings
  5. Click Continue.

The printer scans the item.

Click here and refer the document to perform above steps.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks sandytechy20,

You gave me enough information that I was able to figure out how to scan a two-sided document efficiently on my Mac. The figure you presented is from a different application than what was installed on my computer when I installed my printer. What was installed was an app called HP Easy Scan, which has very few options and does not include the checkbox “Scan both sides of page” as shown in the Figure you presented. I checked on the HP web site and discovered that there is another application, “HP Scan”, that does have this option.

So to scan a two-sided document, I open HP Scan (not HP Easy Scan) and load my two-sided document into the Document Feeder. Then

1. I click" Scan" in the upper right corner.

This brings up a window where I can choose options suitable for my scan. Click the box “Show Details” to see all the options.

2. Select options:

a. In “Type”, choose “Document”.

b. In “Source” select “Document Feeder”

c. Choose other options that apply to the document.

d. Select “Scan both sides of page”.

e. Select" Continue".

3. The printer scans one side of all pages in the document.

4. When the first side of all pages is scanned, an information box appears that prompts you to “Without turning the pages over, rotate and place them back into the document feeder ….” After you do that click continue.

5. The HP Scan App, scans the second side of all pages and sorts them by interleaving the 1st and 2nd pages.

I tested it a couple of times, and it works great! Too bad it was so hard to figure out how to scan two-sided documents, and I wish that HP Scan was installed by default.

WalrusOakland

HP Recommended

@walrusOakland

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is fixed.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

can i also do that using HP Laserjet MFP m129-m134 pclms?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.