Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I want to get the status of Case [Personal Information Removed]submitted two weeks ago.  There seems to be no way to talk with some one at HP if product is out of warranty - and that's the issue I am trying to resolve

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MSM61 

Nothing we can do directly - we are not HP Support.

That said...

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your honest response can protecting info others may use adversely.

That said, and for what's worth, I will never purchase another HP product again.  I think its unfathomable they would sell a product and provide no means to connect support directly, either by phone, email or chat unless your product is under warranty.  I submitted a dispute as to the status of my warranty and received an automated response on 19 Sep but have heard nothing since.  HP leaves you with no means to follow up.  Their virtual chat is useless as it just puts you in a "do-loop" providing no answer to your problem/question and no means to pursue further through actual contact with HP.

I hope this too actually gets submitted for review even though I do not anticipate any response from HP.  Thanks for listening

HP Recommended

@MSM61 

Understood.

The Virtual Assistant is not actual AI - it is a smart program but certainly is limited in what it can do.  Meh.  The software will get better over time - ignore it for right now.

When there are issues the community cannot handle directly, we submit the thread to agent review.

The review process helps the teams understand what is working - and not working.

The review process provides the means to assist the customer when other avenues have thus far failed.

We don't intend that you are forced to do anything.

You may choose to leave HP products.  We will miss you. 

When the agent responds to my request, you can certainly choose to politely refuse further service.

I hope instead the issue can be sorted.

Stay Safe.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

@MSM61 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can simply click here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.