Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PSC 1200 all in one printer, scanner, fax. HP Director software.

Computer is XP Home w/SP3.

I create a scan profile in the scan preview window and save it. How do I delete my old scan profiles I nolonger want?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

You should just have to right click on the scan profile you want to delete and select delete.  Let me know if that helps or not.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
I open the HP Director.
I select Settings, Scan Settings and Preferences, Scan Picture Settings.
Then the Scan Settings Tab and a drop down menu list of my created Scan Profiles.
Right clicking on any profile in the list gives no responce. No pop up menu with a delete option.
HP Recommended

I talked to a couple of my colleagues and we all agree that it might not be possible to delete the profiles.  You might have to just save over them.  I'm not 100% on that though, because there are no printers in the lab here that use Director.  Even the ones that use Solution Center are getting hard to find.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I appreciate that your suggestion is a practical solution. But trying to remember which profiles I prefer and which are no longer useful is to much trouble.

There has to be a file in the installed printer software where these profiles are kept. I'm not a programer but someone at HP must know or have a record of where these files are and how to edit them.

HP Recommended

You're right in your assumption that there is a file that the scan settings save to.  They all save to the same one, and the file can only be edited throught the HP software.  You can delete the whole file, but all of your scan shortcuts save to the same file, so you would loose them all if you did that.  In later versions of the software, the scan shortcuts are in an XML file, but Director was made before XML code existed, so it will have a different file type that it saves too.  I'm not sure what that file type is though.  It might be in an HTML file somewhere in the scan files in the HP folder, but I don't know for sure.  

Signature
HP Recommended

Great!

How do I delete the whole scan profiles file?

HP Recommended

You have to locate the file that holds the scan shortcuts.  In this post the poster found the file path themselves, though it was on an older printer and on a different OS, but the poster's file path should get you looking in the right place.  Hope that helps.

Signature
HP Recommended

Under Printers and Devices, right click on the scanner icon.  Click on Scan Profiles.  Select and Delete the Profile.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.