Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020

I just installed my printer but no icon to select a scan to a Google Drive folder.

After searching for help, found to install the appropriate Printer App. But no app is available on the screen.

Is there a country restriction to scan to Google Drive?
When I click on Apps, then I see always Updating printer apps.... and nothing is added after a couple of minutes.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@BIP59
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the operating system?
  • Are you referring to the HP smart APP?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.

I am not using any computer except my Android 9 to run HPSmart app.

But my question was to get on the printer itself an icon with Google drive as you have fax or copies.

HP Recommended

@BIP59

Thank you for posting back.

Let's try this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04707081

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If i follow the knowledge base page, I read "On the printer control panel, find the Drive app ." BUT THERE is no Drive app on the control panel.

How to add it ?

Goal is to scan to a specific Google Drive ?

HP Recommended

@BIP59
Thank you for posting back. 

I did go through the printer information and found out this printer model does not support "the Google Drive app" you can check this information from the above link and refer Frequently asked questions (FAQs) Does my printer support the Google Drive app?

And you can try this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04707081 refer to What if my printer does not have the Google Drive app on the printer control panel? It might work some times! 

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, HPConnect in FRance doesn't provide a service tab to add Google Drive app. 

Very disapointing to see a printer front panel for Europe users still displaying Fax and no direct/simple support to scan to cloud apps.... I feel there are many old product managers at HP printers and they are waiting for customer complaints rather be proactive.

Hopefully competition still exist (hummm less and less).

Nevertheless, thank you for your kind assistance.

HP Recommended

@BIP59
thank you for posting back. 

You can use this as alternate options for google drive on windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/metro-drive/9wzdncrdfxfq?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.