Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

How can I install the app to scan on my Mac Laptop

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TheresaK19, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Use the HP Easy Scan app to scan from your MAC. 

Make sure HP Easy Scan is installed on the Mac, and then set up the printer connection.

1. Make sure your printer is on and connected to your Mac with a USB cable or local wireless network.

2. Open Finder , select Applications, and then look for HP Easy Scan.

• If HP Easy Scan displays in the list, open it. On the upper bar, click HP Easy Scan, and then click Check for Updates. Download any available updates, and then reopen the app.

• If HP Easy Scan does not display, download and install the HP Easy Scan app from the App Store, and then open the app.

3. In HP Easy Scan, click the Scanner drop-down menu, and then select your printer.

If your printer does not display, click Browse Scanners, and then select your printer from the list. If your printer still does not display, skip to What if HP Easy Scan cannot find my printer in Frequently asked questions (FAQs).

Clicking Browse Scanners to find  a printer

Refer to this document for more info on HP Easy Scan.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sadly this didn't work. Once I had installed the HP Easy Scan it will not open.

Any ideas now? 

HP Recommended

@TheresaK19

That's unfortunate. Kindly check for any pending updates available for the MAC

Click here to know how.

If the issue persists, create a new user account and try installing/opening the HP Easy Scan application

You may refer to this document to know how to create a new user account in MAC.

Alternatively, you may use Apple Image capture to scan

Refer to this document for more info.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.