Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp laser jet pro M275
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My printer laser Jet pro M275 is giving error of "Camera error 1000" went i try to copy or scan anything need help any kind of information will be helpful.... Note it started to happen after the upgrade....

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @Sheikhumair, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand when you try to scan or copy you are getting camera error 1000 on the printer.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried checking with a USB connection on your PC?

Excellent description and a great diagnosis done. It is greatly appreciated.

Try updating the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Reset the printer and check the power source

Reset the printer to clear certain error states by calibrating the scanner mechanism, and then check the power source to confirm the printer is getting enough power to operate the scanner.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

4. If you previously connected the power cord to a power strip or multi-plug outlet adapter, reconnect the cord directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

• If the error no longer displays, make a test copy to confirm the issue is resolved.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

WIA is a way to scan an image directly into a software program.

WIA uses Microsoft software to scan, instead of the HP Scan software. Generally, a software program is WIA-compliant if it has a command such as Picture/From Scanner or Camera in the Insert or File menu. If you are unsure whether the program is WIA-compliant, see the software program Help or documentation. Start the scan from within the WIA-compliant program. See the software program Help or documentation for information about the commands and steps to use. -OrFrom the Windows control panel, in the Cameras and Scanner folder (located inside the Hardware and Sound folder for Windows Vista and Windows 7), double-click the product icon. This opens the standard Microsoft WIA Wizard, which enables you to scan to a file.

Test copy functionality

1. Place the configuration page onto the capture stage and make a copy.

2. If the print quality on the copied pages is not acceptable, clean the cover over the camera lens with a soft cloth or sponge that has been moistened with nonabrasive glass cleaner.

CAUTION: Do not use abrasives, acetone, benzene, ammonia, ethyl alcohol, or carbon tetrachloride on any part of the product; these can damage the product. Do not place liquids directly on the capture stage. They might seep and damage the product.

Lastly, if nothing works try restoring the printer settings to default and check if it helps.

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.
2. Scroll to and touch the Service menu.
3. Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button, and then touch the OK button.
The product automatically restarts

Let me know if this works!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.