08-20-2019 02:37 PM
The very first fax I sent went through fine. Now whenever I try to send a fax I choose send now, I manually enter the fax number, confirm the number, but when I hit BLACK to send it (there is no actual send button just the choices BLACK and COLOR) it proceeds to send the fax to that first fax number not the one I just entered. That first number is NOT in my contacts and does not appear anywhere until I actually send the fax and then it shows up in front of the number I just entered.. It gets the fax I'm sending the the intended recipient does not get it.
08-22-2019 05:48 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Refer this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee