10-20-2019 12:06 PM
@Nickrogers, Welcome to the HP Support Community!
Are you able to print from a PC or mobile device?
Also, try printing a test page on the printer.
On the HP printer control panel, touch the Right arrow () to display additional options.
Touch Setup (). The Setup Menu displays.
Touch the Down arrow (), and then touch Reports.
Touch Printer Status Report. The test page prints.
If the printer is able to print, but not copy/scan, it seems like an issue with the scanner mechanism on the printer.
Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:
Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Update the printer firmware
Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Check the scanner bar functionality
Perform a visual test of the scanner mechanism to see if it is jammed.
- Remove any original documents or photos from the scanner glass.
- Lift the scanner lid slightly, and then press the Copy button or icon.
If the scanner light does not move or moves halfway or is not lit, the scanner mechanism is likely jammed/broken.
Let me know how this goes.
If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee