Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650

I had this working not that long ago then after I unplugged it to move to a different location it stopped working then when I moved it back it still won't work. 

I have comcast and I'm using the wire that came with my printer to connect to the modem. I also have the wire connected to line 1. 

I've tried doing a fax test report and I it passes the hardware test but not  "Fax Connected to Active Telephone Wall Jack"

I've connected a phone and it works so I don't know what the problem is.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
You need contact Comcast to make sure fax is supported, there maybe settings the service provide side need to do for fax to work on VoIP lines.
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Fax is supported by comcast. This device used to work but after I moved it, it stopped working. It still doesn't work after I moved it back. Could the device itself be broken? Scanning and printing still work without any problems though.

HP Recommended
On the back of the printer, there are two phone jacks, one says line and the other phone. Make sure the fax cord is in the line jack. If you still have a corded phone available, plug it into the phone jack, is the phone line active? Can you make calls? If phone calls work but fax does not, likely, it's comcast. If the phone doesn't work, check both cords are plugged in properly, as well as the modem side.
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.